4.02.2011

Words with Friends, Afghanistan Packing, and Family Photos

You'd think that being as close to deployment, we'd slow down. Well, we actually have quite a bit, but we're still having as much fun as ever!

I've officially started my domination over Words with Friends [an app for the iPhone] and my life is forever changed. 1. Because I realized that if Andrew can't win, Andrew will just cheat. 2. I'm learning to definition to those very important Scrabble words... like "qi" and "fez." If you're interested in playing, my username is: cnknieriem.
I just want to point out that if "EIEIO" was a word, I'd totally rock tammytwigg's world.

Andrew's week has been easy as we get ready for DeploymentGate2011. For most of yesterday and this afternoon we've cuddled in bed reading our Kindles. Andrew and I are big, noisy people... but relaxing and simultaneously reading has been comforting. I find myself talking SO much about my feelings, etc... trying to rationalize every part of our year apart, but just having some quiet time has given me more strength than anything else. I can feel Andrew preparing himself... the way he looks at Ellie and the slow pace we've been taking... I know that he's starting to feel the weight of this week. It's all very heartbreaking. There is some good news- we're starting to formulate some R&R dates and plans and that helps. As long as I can keep busy through the summer and fall, I should be fine. This preparation has included a significant amount of packing, though...


And playing with "Army toys."


Ellie has definitely enjoyed having the two of us around all the time... and all the cuddles.


My two lovebugs this morning before we had our family pictures taken... Could they be ANY sweeter?!

Oh! And the eating saga continues. It's all very exciting for me... she's starting to be such an independent gal. Eating. Crawling. Learning tricks.

EB has also been making a total mess of her crib at any/all times. It's a party in there!

So, speaking of our family pictures! Lysandra Cook, found at http://www.lysandracookphotography.com/, took our pictures on what ended up being very short notice. Seriously, they're so beautiful. Here are my favorites, so far. We get the rest sometime next week.

Are those amazing, or what?! She did them for us for FREE, too. Why? Because she participates in Operation:Love:ReUnited. A federal photography program for service members. If you aren't familiar, you can check it out at: http://www.oplove.org/.


After our portraits, we grabbed some breakfast... at which time, Andrew realized his true calling in life: eating as much bacon as possible.


This is Kaneohe right before the H-3 tunnel. Is it any wonder that I LOVE Hawaii?!

Once back at home, we awaited a box. What box? Oh, THE box. The box that Andrew's parents and siblings have been taunting us about. The box that contained a very exciting surprise. The box that was shipped priority so that Andrew would be sure to get it. And what was in that box?
"THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER" ...and the two sequels.

This was Andrew's favorite childhood movie and I am happy to report that it is on deck for tonight's viewing.

After "Family Naptime" and some motorcycle repair, Ellie decided to do some gymnastics which resulted in:


What is her issue?! This girl needs to chill the heck out! :)

So, as we turn into the last week or so that Andrew will be around, I can safely say one thing: My family matters. During Andrew and my pending divorce, there were so many insecurities and questions and now, coming full circle, I can feel the love between us again. We will still be standing in 12 months and THAT makes me a very giddy school girl.

Some side notes:
I've found myself reading this: http://www.deargirlsaboveme.com/ And, if you need a good laugh, you should read it, too.

I've also found myself thinking of this: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/Stephen-Colbert-Sings-Friday-with-The-Roots-4111/1317553 Mostly because I've been trying to decide: Is Stephan Colbert or Jimmy Fallon my ultimate celebrity crush? More on this later.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see you two happy together.. I know getting ready for deployment isn't easy, but you will make it through strong!! Let me know if you need ANYTHING. Lots of hugs, Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love the pictures, LOVE them.
    2. :) the whole thing about being silent made me think of Mother Theresa. She would always start off her prayers in silence because she said that that is the best way to hear what God has to say to you.

    ReplyDelete