12.05.2010

My 7 favorite things about my 7 week-old

Ellie Brooke is officially 7 weeks old and still pretty aaaadorable. I'm not sure why I keep bracing myself for her to fall into an "ugly spell," but I am. I'm such a jerk. Anyway. My 7 favorite things about my sweet 7 week-old...

1. She's a wonderful night baby. She goes to sleep around 8 pm, gets up at Midnight, 4, and 7. She will eat quickly and go back in her crib without a fight. It's probably only a 20 minute affair from her crying to snoozing again. This is truly a blessing.

2. When she DOES get up at 7, she is... omgosh. There aren't words for how adorable, mild, sweet, and hilarious she is. Ellie is definitely a morning person. She plays with Andrew and I and just babbles away. These mornings will always be so dear to me... especially when she's 14 and screaming at me because I "hid" her favorite shirt or something obnoxious.

3. She is learning "tricks." One is an Indian-call like babble that she and Andrew perform together. I think a video would explain it better... look for it tomorrow.

4. She teaches me something life-altering everyday. Today she taught me that your children never "belong" to you... She grows and changes so quickly and will very quickly [like next week!] become an independent and wild girl. And really, if she's anything like me, she's already her own boss.

5. She is tall. Andrew and I are, obviously, suuuuper short. But Ellie is in the 95th percentile for her height/age and growing like a weed! What a hilarious irony.

6. She loves to be cuddled and held. I know, I know- all newborns do. The reason this is special is because she loves to be cuddled and held by ME! How cool is that?! There is a human on this Earth who LOVES to just hang out and relax with me! This will be short lived as she moves into toddlerhood, but goodness. It's incredible.

7. She'll be 8 weeks-old. As much as I hate that she's growing up and won't be a baby forever, I look forward to all the amazing things she will do. Talking and walking and running and flipping and squeaaaaaaling through our house like a banshee.

Ahhh. My EllieBellie and all the beauty that she has brought to the world and to my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment