11.07.2011

November 7: I love FOOD and I'm thankful to have plenty of it. This weekend we celebrated Uncle Kenan and mourned his passing at the Hyatt in Cambridge, Maryland. Besides being a fantastic memorial to a man that I loved very, very much, there was an abundance of fantastic food. I'm talking tables upon tables. Organic bleu cheese, locally harvested honey, fresh breads, crab soup, wild mushroom soup, mini paninis, chutney, brie, and on and on and on. I thought I would pass out. And, then, at around 10PM as I curled into my overstuffed bed in a private, waterfront room, I decided I was hungry and ordered room service. Let's be real: Parmesan truffle french fries are ALWAYS a must. [Did I ever mention that I eat free at Giuseppe's? Talk about more good food!] So, this November, as I eat like a mad woman and gear up for Thanksgiving and Christmas eating marathons, I will be reminded that I am so incredibly fortunate to have food. I've never had to suffer through hunger or worry about my next meal. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment