2.02.2011

Alone doesn't mean lonely.

I have truly enjoyed the past several days- mostly because I'm in freaking Hawaii, but also because I love to be alone. And yes, I know, I have Ellie and am not completely "alone," but very similar... When I moved to Arizona, I drove from Maryland by myself and it is one of my most treasured memories. When I am alone, I think more. I listen to my body- when am I REALLY hungry? am I REALLY ready to be awake? I feel rejuvenated and more authentic. Few people ever get to spend entire days by themselves, they might live with family members, etc. but if you get the chance- DO IT. Alone doesn't mean lonely... especially when you're in good company. :)

So, my "alone" time with Ellie has been fantastic. I love having a daughter and the opportunity to have this time with her has been so special. We wake up when we [more like when she!] wants to, we plan our day around how sleepy she seems or if we need a shower. We have taken long drives, eaten Mexican food, and caught up on House episodes. Sure, I've cleaned a ridiculously gross kitchen and had a surprise landlord visit, but in general.. this week rocks. Our adventures:

Paaaassed out. Ellie is a true nap professional- anywhere at anytime! [Excuse the lack of sheets- in the washer!] On a side note: I wonder if other Mama's feel this way- Ellie has a great 6 month wardrobe. Her 3 month clothes were sub-par, but she is rocking the 3-6/6 month fashion. I know, weird.


While enjoying some Mexican food, I found this in a local newspaper. Click to expand. I'm not sure why, but it struck me as hiiilarious- as evidenced by the spicy salsa that shot out of my nose. Painful.


In addition to a great wardrobe, Ellie has awesome hooded towels, thanks to Grandma Ann! This was after our shower this morning.


Who doesn't love a vibrating seat?!


Andrew called this morning and thought he'd be coming home early... And once we found out he wasn't, the day went south. Obviously.

Until we found this gem! Size: 12 months. Price: $2.98. Shut up. And she'll be 12 months in October in Maryland. I am dying in anticipation!

And then we came home to a mostly clean house and THAT truly turned the day around!


Thank God for a fun day with EB & a returning Papa. I think we will finish the house tomorrow and then take Via to the park. Not necessarily in that order. :)

1 comment:

  1. A cross-country drive alone sounds wonderful. I loooove my alone time, and these three snow days (which you all in freakin' Hawaii didn't have!) were wonderful alone time.

    PS I've said it before, and I'll say it again, your daughter is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete