2.15.2011

Long Ellie Day

There are days where I sit on my couch in the evening and think, "Man, today was SUCH a looooooong Ellie day." By this, I mean, she cried/whined/ate/screamed/wanted to be held all day. Besides a nap early this morning, she was a total terror. Andrew rescued me around 4pm, though and I had an excellent solo mission to Wal*Mart. Thank goodness. That said, there are plenty of wonderful things to mention today.

This was Ellie on her first Valentine's Day proclaiming her favorite valentine. :) Seriously, the hand-eating is too much to handle these days... slobber, sticky hands, constantly stained clothes. Bleck.

Those that know both Andrew and I will admit that Ellie sometimes looks like me and then can look like him the next day. It's so weird! But, as you can see above, today was an Andrew day. :)

This was while I was attempting to rock her to sleep this afternoon. Unsuccessfully.


And after throwing the fit of the century, she grabbed her blanket, rolled over, prodded Cookie Monster's eyes and took a quick nap. Why does she already act like a dramatic 13 year-old?


Thankfully she sweetened up by the evening and enjoyed quite a bit of Papa time. And for those that are interested- she is wearing cloth diapers in these pictures. I bought them here and seriously, they rock. A little time consuming, but they're great for preventing diaper rash and they've already paid for themselves, plus some!


Now, to some serious business. If you find THIS [at Wal*Mart] in size 6-9 months and have any intention of being my friend, please shell the 3 bucks out and save it for Ellie.
We call her "T-Rex" all the time and I was heartbroken when I couldn't find her size at our local Wal*Mart. We'll be in Maryland in April and I would be so so so grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment