2.01.2011

Being 15 weeks old is no joke!

Ellie turned 15 weeks on Saturday and yikes! Time has flown!! I feel like I woke up one day and she was suddenly a REAL person. Like, with preferences and attitudes and tons of silly faces. I think what is most awesome about this post is that, compared to my 7-week-old post, I have so many new things to love! So, the 15 things about my 15 week old that I just love, love, love:

1. She STILL loves to be naked. I think it is adorable how she can't get enough nakey time and is so comfortable to just kick around au naturel.
2. She has the most awesome expressions. When she smiles, she gets this crooked look. When she cries, she folds her bottom lip under and makes you feel horrrrrrible. When she is relaxed, her blue eyes widen and you can literally see her thoughts wash over her face.

3. She looks great in pink. I am not a big fan of pink and though I tried to keep the outpouring of baby pink clothing to a minimum, it was a futile effort and her wardrobe is full of it! And good thing! She has beautifully rosy cheeks and pink compliments them perfectly!!
4. The girl knows how to rock a headband. Obviously.

5. She loves her grandparents. You can see the connection between them and it overwhelms me with happiness.
GG

Momma

Grandma Ann

Mimi

PapPap

MomMom

GG & PopPop

Grandma
6. She isn't a Mama's or Papa's girl. She has a totally different relationship with each of us. When she is inconsolable, Andrew has the touch. When she wants to giggle and play, I am her woman. She needs and loves each of us in important ways- one not more important than the other. So cool!
7. She has loving aunts and uncles- not only her "real" ones: Lisa, Brooke, Christina, Jessica and Christopher, but also her pseudo ones: Christina Emory, Erin, Michael, Clint, Tim, Cody, Steven, Caitlin. She is a lucky lady!
8. She is very independent. I am not super familiar with other babies, but I am shocked at how driven Ellie is. If she wants to stand, she will really push her weight. She can practically sit herself up. She has moods and wants and it is incredibly neat to watch her grow with her own mind.
9. She is LOUD. Again, not familiar with other children, but my goodness! This girl has lungs!
10. She hangs out with me. She is my total partner and bud. We run errands together, have Mama and EB nap time, and truly enjoy each other's company. When she's 14 and I've "ruined her life," I will think back to these times.
11. She is very touchy- a loud noise or sudden movement sends her into a tail spin! It is so cute and, though often annoying, I enjoy her glossy eyes staring at me for comfort and her baby hugs.
12. Her toes. They are plump and chubby and Aunt Lisa painted them red and goodness! I can't get enough!
13. She is a baby on the move! I suppose it has something to do with her first flight being on her 8th day of life, but Ellie loves to be on the go. It's definitely when she is happiest! Whether in her stroller, riding in the car, or jetting over the Pacific Ocean- this chick is DOWN.
14. She sucks her thumb. I tried to stop her because, as a thumbsucker, I know how difficult it can be to stop. We tried different pacifiers and I've physically removed her thumb from her mouth but no way. Again, this girl has her own agenda! And because I can't stop it, now I will just bask in her endless cuteness.
15. She is mine! Whoo. How cool is it to have a baby?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment