2.12.2011

Uneventful Days & Date Night

Ellie and I enjoyed a few uneventful days this week... but, by "uneventful," I really mean "uneventful except for tons of hand eating." Whether it's teething season or pure cannibalism, I'm not sure.

Why just chew on my own hands when I have Papa's?!




So... yeah. Motherhood rocks.


On Wednesday we had the privilege of meeting up with Kirstin, a fellow Mountain Ridge Class of 2008 graduate who now lives on Schofield! Small world! 


Then Papa took us out to dinner and maybe not everyone was as excited as Mama was?

But even after a rough night, she always looks like THIS is the morning... and, man, that makes it worth it!


Fast-forward to the weekend! Andrew planned a date night in Waikiki-- dinner at Lulu's [a beachside restaurant], a stay at the Aston Waikiki, and massages in the morning. Top that off with Coldstone and a super incredible babysitter and you can imagine my delight.
Doesn't matter that it's grainy.... you can tell how excited we are!


View from the room. Which was upgraded to a suite. Which looked even more amazing at night.

One very, very, very happy and relaxed Mama!


Meanwhile..... Ellie stayed with friends overnight. I was a little nervous about an overnight away from us so soon, but it's been a rough couple months. Besides, shortly after leaving, they sent this:

And this was her this morning:

So... One night couldn't have been THAT bad for her, right? :) Honestly, I am still glowing after all the quality time. And now my little family is back together- Ellie in bed, Andrew playing video games, me blogging... What a successful weekend! :)

And a little bonus picture! Andrew has a stuffed Cookie Monster from his infancy that he gave to Ellie and, let's just say, they are quickly becoming best friends.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you posted the cookie monster! Love it! I know a date night away was good for Mama & Papa! Enjoy those when you get them, they don't come often enough! She's growing so fast! May won't be here soon enough! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete