5.30.2011

Memorial Day

I love small holidays. Sure, I love Christmas and Thanksgiving, but I ESPECIALLY love celebrating small holidays... going to fireworks on the 4th, having a cookout on Labor Day, having an expensive dinner with my cute husband on Valentine's Day. I was bursting with happiness today for many reasons.... My husband is a soldier for the greatest country on the planet. He provides for Ellie and I in ways that are unspeakable- financially, emotionally, and patriotically. His service has truly changed how I feel about the Unites States. Our life is simple and little, but chalk full of happiness and giggles. We cherish the moments that many don't and the sharp taste of distance keeps us together when all seems [and has seemed] lost. The Army has taught us the romance of being alone thousands of miles from home, the reality of stressful jobs and long hours, the pain of being involuntarily separated, and the beauty of true marriage. That is, marriage that requires two people to work together without pride. With Andrew serving in Afghanistan, all these thoughts have raced through my head over the holiday weekend. Thank God for the United States of America. Thank God for our President. Thank God for teeny little hands that stroke my face and a voice that says "Mama." And thank God for a patriotic, Godly, and devoted husband and father.

Our Memorial Day started with a trip to see Mimi and Aunt Lisa. EB was happy to christen their new coffee table...

Then to a cookout with Andrew's family!
Cuties! Jenna, Brooke's girlfriend, and Brooke


Nap. Yeah.


Strawberries and bakes beans on a sunny day!
Then we skipped over to Uncle Michael's for some games and yummy food from Miss Debbie. Honestly, such a fun day. Such a fun, fun day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment