5.09.2011

Mother's Day!

May I have a quick, personal celebration? Happy Mother's Day to ME! It is so... surreal to think that I am the mother of anything, let alone a sweet little chicken like Ellie. I received quite a few special gifts... a ring, a new children's book by Barack Obama, and the necessary Bath & Body Works set. And!! Andrew's gift doesn't arrive until Wednesday. So. Uh. Yeah. I GET TO CELEBRATE MOTHER'S DAY ALL OVER AGAIN!! Whoo.

It was an early rise for EB and I as we met Andrew's parents, siblings, grandparents, and great-grandmother for breakfast. [OMGOSH. While writing this, I am eating my Mother's Day chocolates and realized that the box HAS A SECOND TRAY OF CHOCOLATES. Talk about living the dream!] Bob Evans has become our official holiday breakfast/brunch stop and, as always, we were not disappointed.


From L-R, MomMom [Chris' Mom], Momma [Barbara's Grandmother], and Grandma Ann [Barbara's Mom].

Then we made a less-than-quick stop at Church and met with the Bishop. Quick tangent: I love the Bishop. He's so careful and thoughtful.. This was our first one-on-one and I just looooove him.

Then we were off to dinner with my family. Sundays have rapidly become the most exhausting days of the week, contrary to what I'd like. But, what can I do? Ellie is too cute to not have an audience!

Uh. Yeah. Aren't THEY a pair?


L-R, my Aunt Lisa [my Mother's sister], Grandma [my Mother's Mother] and my Mom!!



My Mom, Lisa, and I!

Oh. Gosh. What a day. Once home, Ellie passed out:


Seriously, one of the most fun days in recent history. I love food and Church and chocolates. And sleeping Ellie. SO. Yeah.

9 days until we leave for MORMON BEACH EXTRAVAGANZA. Oh? Don't know what I'm talking about? Hold on to your seats- details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment