6.19.2011

This week WILL rock.

I'm not sure if I post this as an affirmation to myself to MAKE this week rock or because I really am giddy for Monday. Monday?! Who is excited about a Monday!? Aaaaaanyway...

There are so many exciting changes coming to my life and I really want to share them. I had an Avon opportunity come my way this week and I'm so elated about it. My new title will be a "Training Leader" and will involve training 40-60 Representatives [coaching them to reach their selling potential] and finding new Representatives. This said, if you or someone you know could use some extra cash, PLEASE let me know. Avon is a fantastic company that I really stand behind and love so much. There are so many thoughts in my head... about my degree, my longterm goals, and on and on. The best part about all these "worries" is that there can ONLY be good results. I feel like I have some more direction to this year and my life and I'm so grateful. This said, I also have a few other job prospects to go hand-in-hand with this one and... wow. God has delivered for me this week.

Saturday night into Sunday was a little rough for Ellie... diarrhea, fever, the works. She's been waking every hour tonight and I feel so sad for her. I think we've got most of it battled... well, let's hope. This week will not be kind to her, otherwise.

On to the school status... the first part of my semester ends FRIDAY [yes! THIS Friday!] and besides being so happy at how disciplined and hardworking I've been, I'm feeling a little lackadaisical. Five more days, five more assignments. Come on, Cas. Then, next Monday, I start another three classes and though they'll be more challenging, I feel so motivated about completing my degree. Something about having a baby and a deployed husband has put me into Super Mom/Employee/Student Mode.

And! About the deployment- we're over 20% completed! HOW in the world has time flown by so fast?! Andrew and I talk nearly everyday and it's saved us, for sure. It sort of feels like he's just on a business trip or something. AND we're 30% completed to R&R. Come on, Christmas!!

So what else is going on this week? What other marvelous things are coming our way?
-We've started a Relief Society "Troop Care Package Drive" and collection starts this week. We're targeting soldiers that don't get mail often and could use a pick-me-up. More on this later.
-I've really been meeting my fitness goals recently and I have a beginner's cycling class tomorrow... I've tried cycling once and puked immediately after... but hopefully I can ease into it. I'm looking for a quick cardio workout that offers an exceptional amount of calorie burning. They Y offers "Express Cycling" which are 30-minute classes at lunchtime that I think could be perfect for me. More on this later, too.
-Brooke starts Driver's Ed and I'm on the carpool list. I don't know why I'm excited about this exactly... especially since grumpy teenage boys are NOT my style. But, I'm really happiest when I can help my family and I know my efforts really matter to my in-laws.
-I've been having Monday dinner and Family Home Evening [tomorrow!!] with the Kartchner's recently and it's been so strengthening for me. I like the constants I've formed in my schedule... and, this one in particular brings me great joy. I feel immensely blessed to have such a fabulous Church family and the games, stories, and meals we share will be such a heart-warming memory of my time spent here during deployment. I especially think about once I'm in Hawaii, Alicia is back in Idaho, and Michael leaves for his mission... What will things be like? It doesn't really matter because for this time and for this summer, we have each other. And we have endless nights of board games and delicious desserts. Score.
-ON WEDNESDAY, we are going to Washington DC to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform! SAY WHAAA?! I am so. freaking. excited. More on this later, as well. ;)
-Thursday we'll be back at Canal Place watching Rhett perform and I really encourage everyone to come see the talent. It was so inspiring to see the young people [and a few older!] show what they've got. So much bubbling potential there.
-On Thursday we'll also be headed to the Lavale Library for BABIES AND BOOKS at 11am. From what I understand, it's a storytime filled with quick little books geared towards newborns to two years old. I think it'll be about 30 minutes long... If you're free that morning, join us!
-Friday means another cast visit for Darwin, which will mean only three weeks left on his recovery. Thank. God. Once his cast is off, I will write a blog about the horrific experience we've had. The only reason I'm excited to go to the vet [again] is because I know it will be OVER SOON.


There are awesome plans in the works for the weekend, too... but now that I've posted an entire novel, I must consider sleep. My one lesson this week: Give thanks to God... for the big, the little, the unspoken, and the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment