11.30.2010

The Gurgle Queen takes on Satellite City Hall

Ellie and I generally spend our days at home- cleaning, cuddling, canoodling, and cooking. ...And then Andrew asked me to go to Satellite City Hall and renew the motorcycle registration. Nooooo! Not the MVA/DMV. Not the standing in line. No. No. NO! Hawaii is a ridiculous state for many reasons- one being how they conduct city business. For example, because of the outrageous cost of electric, most buildings aren't equipt with air conditioning and somehow, a propped door is supposed to offer relief. Try again. At noon, with a 90 minute STANDING wait in line with an infant? I figured it would be the worst day of my life.

Wrong. As always, Ellie surprises me with how calm and mild she is. After a morning feeding, she's sweet and talkative and happy. In the afternoon, she loves to kick around on her playmat and smile at the television. At night, she wants to be held by Papa and wrapped up in warm jammies. She gets up twice a night to eat and then repeat. She LOVES a good car ride or a shower with either of us. So why I expected this MVA trip to be a nightmare, I'm not sure... Probably because I feel like kicking and screaming everytime I have to go there. :) But, no. She was alert and contemplative and adorable.

Before going in- organizing Mama's paperwork. :)

What a champ. What a little, itty bitty, awesome, sweet champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment