11.27.2010

THREE.

Originally posted: 10/7/2010



Three days  left until Ell's due date! Whoo! A quick update on a scheduled induction- we have moved the date in order to give her some more time to bake [Doctor's advising] and now she'll be born by October 20th! That's much longer than I want to wait, but baby timing is perfect timing. Also, the original guess of an 8 to 9 pound baby is waaaaaay off. Doctor now predicts around 6 1/2 pounds which I think influenced the decision to wait a little longer for her to come. All good news. She still could come right after I hit "publish" but I have a feeling she will take her time.

The real intention of this note is to thank some of those that have supported me through the most thrilling time in my life! I'm sure I will forget to brush my teeth, let alone Facebook update, once she's here, so I just wanted to post a few shoutouts! I don't know how many people I can actually tag, but we'll see...

Christina & Erin- Thank you for all the advice and laughs... Every single day I wonder if it's coincidence that I have two incredible best friends and we each have incredible daughters. I'm not sure if it is or not, but I wonder. Thank you for the unconditional love and for giving that same support to Ell.

Brooke- Thanks for the awesome middle name. Also, thanks in advance for NOT introducing her to Glenn Beck. No. Seriously. Don't.

Lisa- Thanks for carrying on the "Aunt Lisa" legacy. I can't wait to see the two of you together.

Alyssa- I have really enjoyed going through this experience with you. Though Aydan will definitely arrive before Ellie, I am so glad that I had someone to talk to who understood EXACTLY what I was going through. I wish you luck over the next few months!

Elizabeth- Thank you for reaching out to me everytime I need a kind word. An extra thanks for the hand-knitted socks and hat... even my mother-in-law is in love with them! I'm telling you, look for pictures!

Laura Cooke- It's interesting how people pop in and out of your life and I am so thankful you took this time to hang around. I have so much admiration for your parenting and look forward to using your methods... Cookies, snuggle time, and lots of reading are a total must!

Katie- I know we've both been so busy since John came and haven't had much time to update- but thank you for the awesome gift and for being so excited about Ellie's arrival! I love knowing that I'm not the only one pumped to see her little face!

Summer- Thank you for being an inspiration... You CAN raise intelligent, sweet children that are still silly, strange, and true individuals. And you CAN be an awesome Mom that likes a cold beer and a good rock concert. :)

Sam- I appreciate all your cloth diapering support... It will definitely be an adjustment and I am so thankful for your advice.

Julie Berset- Thanks for the beautiful baby book! It is my favorite baby keepsake and I can't wait to fill it!

To EVERYONE that "liked" my status updates or commented on my pictures- THANK YOU! The daily encouragement has kept my [very large, stretchmarked] spirits up. There are so many of you to list, but consider this your personal appreciation!

Oh, And Andrew- Thanks for your notable contribution. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment