11.27.2010

One week!

Originally posted: 10/22/2010


It's officially been a week since I headed to the hosptial to deliver Sweet Ellister. Ahh. What a strange, fun, frustrating, silly, and outrageously tiring week. I don't have much time, as I imagine I won't for a long time, but I thought I'd post a few notes...

-Dark Chocolate is a total necessity to any postpartum woman. Or any woman. Or any person. A nurse at the hospital suggested having some everyday and she was completely right... It has helped me stay awake during countless midnight feedings and is the most wonderous escape you can imagine.

-Babies are hilarious. Because they can't talk, it's a total riot to narrate what you think they'd say... or what you want them to say. I sincerely enjoy Spanish Ellie who loves burritos [since she is one!] and saying "cha, cha, cha" whenever possible.

-I was pretty against using a pacifier, especially this early in her life because of the fear with nipple confusion, etc. Forget that nonsense. She eats just fine and I get to enjoy Ellen. Win.

-Ellie is a very special little lady. She makes my life absolutely complete and I adore her. This is less of a first week realization and more of a lifetime commitment. Just important to remember. :)

One day I will post a birth story. And one day I will get to sleep a straight 8 hours. Until then, I am off to babyland where cute gurgles RULE.

No comments:

Post a Comment