11.27.2010

Tomorrow.

Originally posted: 10/9/2010



Tomorrow is Ellie's due date. It is, literally, the most anticipated day of my entire life and it is TOMORROW. Now, to be honest, she isn't coming. She won't be born tomorrow. I'd pretty much bet my life on it... but tomorrow it is. October 10th, 2010. I have thought of and dreamed about what would happen to me on this day and even though it really isn't going to happen, I can't believe I even made it here! There were so many doubts that I'd actually make it here- all the sleepless nights and countdowns.. it doesn't seem possible that I survived. Can you sense my disbelief?!

Some of you have become faithful readers of my notes and I really appreciate it... These really are more for me and Ell, but I hope that when you read them, they remind you of the truth and innocence that life should be about. There are only a handful of incredibly perfect things in the world and a baby is certainly at the top of the list. Cheese is also on the list. Just saying. That all said, I plan to continue to write after she's here and am in the process of creating a blog... It will be a collection of funny Ellie moments, my reflections of life, and anything that I really need to vent about. Once I have started it, I'll post the link and I hope you'll follow us there.

Today's note is for Ellie's reading someday in the future. This is the beginning of my promises for my hugely anticipated daughter's life.

I promise that...
1. You can have the bigger half of our split cookies.
2. You will know and love Shel Silverstein.
3. You can have as many sleepovers as you want- they are the only times it's safe to mix Drew Barrymore, endless cups of hot tea, and Hummdingers.
4. I will support your decision to watch Twilight ONCE. After that, you'll owe me a load of laundry for every viewing.
5. You can be utterly embarassed by me from ages 12-15. I will still love you and be your Mama.
6. You can inconvience me any night you have a nightmare. Wake me up. Curl into my bed. You never have to be alone.
7. We can go to the playground anytime and I'll push you SOOOOOOOOOOOO high on the swings.
8. I will introduce you to 90's music and do the Macarena just to make you laugh.
9. I will teach you all about football and mold you into the ultimate Eagles fan. This goes without negotiation. Sorry. I brought you into this world...... ;)
10. You don't have to fess up about the extra scoop of ice cream that your Grandfather slipped you.

There will be more to follow... Until then, you may be cute, cuddly, and adorable. All other rights are explicitly up to ME. Why? Because I SAID SO. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment