3.15.2011

14 hours.

Can you tell I'm pretty excited for a week of fun, sunshine, and crude jokes from my father-in-law? The crew will arrive in Honolulu in about 14 hours and though I have a million things to do, I lack both motivation and concentration. More than anything, I am just extremely frustrated. As the deployment approaches and our to-do lists become incredibly draining, I find myself feeling so... anxious. But, in a lost kind of way. I don't know. Andrew and I are stressed and as PUMPED as I am to see my in-laws and spend this time with them, I know that once they leave... it's just a matter of time until he's gone, too. Urgh. I have a difficult time just focusing on the present and am almost always counting down... how many days until he goes? how many more weekends?... blah. blah. blickity-frickity-blah.

This morning was our planned Aquarium trip, but after traffic slowed our commute and lunch was extended [thanks to a certain little girl's diaper needs], we had to nix the plan. We ended up at Dave & Buster's for some games [We are addicted. I'm not sure why, but beating Andrew at skee-ball is the only thing that keeps me sane!] and then headed up-island for my chiropractor appointment. He has finally figured out what my issue is- an ilium slip. What does that mean? I better find a chiropractor that is interested in a long-term relationship. After I left my appointment, I dropped more deployment gear off for alterations and locked the keys in the car. BLAH. BLAH. BLICKITY-FRICKITY-BLAH. As if today couldn't just get more golden!? Jordan, Kirstin's husband, picked me up and took me home to get my key, thank goodness. Let's just be honest, I have a severe case of the Mondays.

I promise to be more patient tomorrow.

...Sometimes I find myself doing that- before I go to bed, I'll promise myself that I'll be more patient or more motivated or... anything the next day. It helps.

This was Ellie first thing this morning. As I have mentioned before, she is the most sweet morning girl. She gets this from Andrew, I guess, though I can't say either of us are great with anything before Noon.


What a great aquarium outfit.... to not go to the aquarium in. Ahh. What she doesn't know is that she has a starfish AND goldfish outfit ready in the wings. Lucky lady.

Ellie is very ticklish but is still developing her laugh, so it is especially fun to torture her. Andrew lets his beard grow out when he's on leave and then kisses her all over while she giggles away.



Ellie was also having a frustrating day and ended up crying through most of our gaming. What does a good mother do? Take pictures of her meltdown and share them all over the web.

I really must get to bed and force myself to sleep. If you find time, please think of me. I'm starting to feel the weight of the next month and could definitely use prayers and well wishes. [On a side note: Ellie and I arrive in Pittsburgh the afternoon of April 14th!] I will try to post frequently during my in-laws visit as I know many are interested in our adventures [Here's looking at you, Aunt Cindy!]. If I don't, just assume we are having the most fun that could ever be had! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment