3.23.2011

And then it was over.

Just as soon as the vacation was here, it was gone. Hawaii has made me discover so many things... motherhood, the Church, my marriage, and most of all, my family. This week made me discover that I married into a family of adventurers, that I have a grandmother-in-law that has more fun stories to tell than I can count, that my sister-in-law and I may have few things in common, but one of them is our shared love for Ellie, and that, like the tides, it will all wash out in time. I have been so blessed over the past six months and this past week reconnected me to that part of myself that is authentic and patient. I feel refined and elegant, sunbathed and toned. I can feel the Spirit and I notice other's recognizing my light. There is, truly, nothing more beautiful. As I spend my last few weeks with Andrew before he leaves for Afghanistan, I hope to remember that love should be multiplied and not divided.

As I wrap-up our vacation whirlwind, I must say that this was the best vacation I've ever had. Mom & I kayaked in the ocean, Brooke & I searched for squid, Andrew & I slept with an ocean breeze through an open sliding door. Thank you, God. Thank you for Hawaii and for allowing my family to have this time to rejuvenate our relationships before, what will be, a very tough year.


Andrew & Ellie in the morning, before meeting up with the clan.


Sunbathing "beauties."










Bags packed. :( :( :(




The boys. I'd say they were lovers, but Brooke wouldn't do that. ;)








A few snapshots to cap off the trip. It's not goodbye, just see you later!


A last hug and tear from Mom and then they were off. :(


And that was the trip. Squid searching, oatmeal eating, baby cheeking, beach bumming, turtle watching, boat sailing, sibling fighting, ping ponging, beach touring, botanical gardening, face stuffing, train riding, pineapple eating, deep submarining, soccer tennising, sharks coving, harbor cruising, memorial visiting, luau dancing, sunset kissing, pool lounging, airport picturing, and then a goodbye. It's so very true that we had a good time!


And now we are back to the "grind" ;)





This afternoon was spent at Legal Services doing Andrew's will... by "doing Andrew's will," I mean we spent 15 minutes doing that and 3 1/2 hours waiting in the office to do that. Oy Vey. I hate Army offices. And then we went to my second favorite place, the grocery store. Come on! As if watching my fun loving family leave just 18 hours earlier wasn't enough heartache. The only thing that helped was teaching EB a new trick. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment