3.02.2011

that's what she said.


Speaking of what "she" said, Ellie has been babbling up a storm recently. Sometimes, she'll wake up suddenly [without me realizing] and just squeeeeeeeal at the top of her lungs.

Aside from baby noises, quite a bit is a-happenin' around here. On Sunday we ended up opting out of the beach for some house cleaning and movie watching. I know, why would I forego the beach to clean my house? Well, it might have something to do with all this back pain and the lack of clean laundry. That said, we watched "It's Complicated" with Steve Martin and I really must admit... He is such a silver fox. ;)

On Monday, the entire family hit the ground running at 5:30AM. Andrew needed to be dropped off, I needed to grocery shop, and a certain baby needed a new dress from Target... well, maybe "need" isn't the right word. Ellie and I also went to a deployment brief and expo in the afternoon... If you know anything about the Army & briefs, you know that I wasted an afternoon and left with an angry baby and headache. Oy Vey. Ellie gets really cranky if she has to sit in a particular seat or position for too long, so this was her kicking around on the Nehalani Club floor.

[Mom- recognize that blanket?]

Monday certainly turned around when I found out that my NEW LAPTOP WAS READY FOR PICKUP!!! After work, Andrew and I went to Best Buy to grab it. Seriously, it's beautiful. I was a little concerned that the cover is brown [right? A brown laptop?] but it's so chic and chocolate-y. It might also match my new mouse. And they might also match my laptop case. Oh la la. We also had dinner at Chili's where we watched a Bachelorette party that included 6 CHILDREN and around 5 pitchers of margaritas... This brought up many parenting discussions between us and honestly, the best advice I ever received was to be a good example. If you delight in the things that are good and fulfilling, your children will realize that true happiness comes from those things. Also, don't take children to a Bachelorette party. Just don't.

Monday ALSO included a doctor's appointment where I found out that my PCM is a former chiropractor [how lucky!] and he worked me out. Thank goodness. I have a standing appointment every Monday now and my back feels much, much better.


Yesterday, Ellie and I did some bill paying, laundry, and plenty of Naked Baby Time. Her sleep schedule has been all over the place, but I think we sorted it out yesterday. We've also started with Oatmeal and she's doing pretty well. Yesterday was also a day of organization as we are about 45 days from being back in Maryland. I'm looking for apartments [if anyone has any info, email me! We're looking for a 1-2 bedroom in LaVale/Frostburg preferably for around $500 inclusive of utilities.], a car [again- looking for a 4-door car/small SUV/even a minivan would do for a decent price], and trying to figure logistics. I know that it will all fall into place, but it's so stressful!

Us hanging out yesterday.

And, today. I have the missionaries coming over at 2pm for a visit and Andrew is signing Ellie up for childcare for Saturday night. Can anyone say SUPER AMAZING DATE NIGHT? :) :) :)

A couple quick announcements:
1. I have been collecting tons of coupons recently and have many expired ones. I am looking for overseas military families in need of coupons [for those that don't know- overseas commissaries accept coupons up to 6 months after expiration]. If you fit this need, email me at cnknieriem@gmail.com, please.
2. I AM PUSHING ONLINE AVON SALES FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH. Please check me out at: www.youravon.com/cknieriem. All orders will receive 15% off their entire bill. Remember, all my Avon sales are for Ellie's college fund. A lipstick will buy... uhhh, a pencil? :) More seriously, if you're looking for inexpensive, quality products, check me out.
3. Ellie has now filled her T-Rex shirt quota. Thanks for helping us out!

And, last but not least, Ellie and I this morning:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, mama! Sounds like you're busy. I LOVE her "that's what she said" gear.. so cute. Have a great date with your husband!!

    ReplyDelete