3.29.2011

Yes.

Just say yes.

It's my new thing and so far, it's been incredibly rewarding. If a friend asks you to do something- as long as you have the time, say yes. If you have the chance to take a new class or learn something- say yes. If someone offers you a second piece of cheesecake... well, duh. Obviously. SAY YES.

Over the past month, two people that I was not friends with during high school have asked me to hang out. During my "mean girl" stage, I couldn't have even considered hanging out with them and you know, one of them has helped me when I locked myself out of the car AND is babysitting Ellie tomorrow. Why did I think I was better than her? Urgh. Who knows. I was totally stupid.

This will be my Deployment Motto. Just say yes. Many wives get stuck at home, moping about their missing husband and the year creeps by at a snail's pace. But, not me! As long as I have the money/time, I will be game for anything. And, honestly, I know that Heavenly Father will throw many exciting offers my way which... sort of makes me excited for deployment? Only sort of. [Already on the agenda: A visit to the White House, whitewater rafting, and getting a job!]

1 comment:

  1. This was my plan of attack when Aaron initially left for Basic.. and I've become more social than I ever was in the past. It's interesting now, though, that things have come full circle... I actually enjoy my time alone and am trying to not be so busy!

    ReplyDelete