3.06.2011

Sunday, Funday.

You guessed it, as the busiest and earliest waking family on the planet... we were up and out again this morning. We drove to Kaneohe Bay and Andrew attended a boat instruction class at the Marine Corps base. [marines. Swoon.] His family wants to rent a boat during their visit and so we needed a licensed captain. ;) While he attended the class, Ellie and I stopped by the MCE [Marine Corps Exchange] and someone got their first highchair! We are thrilled to start solids with Ellie and we've successfully added oatmeal to her diet. I think we're moving to spinach next, but it'll be a few days. She might have also gotten a ridiculously cute outfit.....
Something about the trifecta of Ellie's first birthday, October weather, and Maryland is making me too giddy for words. We'll be pulling this little number out ASAP!

Ellie also enjoyed flirting with a Marine who helped us load up her highchair.... I am in TROUBLE.


We also stopped by the park while we waited for Andrew and enjoyed some sunshine/grass cuddles.

Say what you want, Ellie lives a pretty cozy life. :) We also checked out the marina & K-Bay... in about a week, we'll be out on one of these boats, soaking up the rays!



Once Andrew was finished, we stopped by his cousin's home and had a mini-family reunion. It's so awesome to have cousins on the island and makes for great catching up!

You'd think we'd head home after all this, right? Nah. Best Buy was apparently SCREAMING Andrew's name and we went and picked up Kindles! WHAT?! A new laptop, wedding ring, and Kindle?! I love block leave. It makes my husband much more giving in terms of electronics and other items. :) We're loading books as I type and I am PUMPED. [Michael, I am so glad you talked me into getting one!!]


Now we are at home, enjoying a movie and some MUCH needed Naked Baby Time. Thank goodness. I think we're planning on a calm next few days and maybe a fishing trip Wednesday? I think we're sort of playing it by ear. I feel a little guilty about how we spent our Sunday.. we normally try to stay home, observe the day, but He understands... After all, He created Kindles. :)

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOOO KINDLE!!!!! I don't even remember anything else you mentioned here after I saw that :) I LOVEEEEE my kindle. I literally take it with me everywhere I go, ask anyone. Plenty of awesome places to get free books too, I'll have to share some links with you sometime :):):) congrats!!

    ReplyDelete